I was out of steam by the time finals rolled around mid-December. Completely ready to be done, I squeaked through finals with decent grades, and spent the next two weeks in a puddle on the bed, thinking that I should probably do something productive with my break. When I finally got out of bed, break was almost over, and it was time to visit family in Heppner!
The Lemmons, for your information, are awesome. Great food, great company, a beautiful house, and presents! Can't really beat it. We had an uneventful drive up, we mostly spent the 8 1/2 hours singing to Brian's terrible music =D and eating fast food. We arrived in Heppner just in time for dinner, and we put our bags down. I raced downstairs to watch the boys play video games, and slipped in my socks, cracking my tailbone hard on the staircase! A good start to the vacation, I think. =P Anyway, I was embarrassed about being crippled and needy for the rest of the week that we were there. Two weeks later and I'm still unable to sit on my butt!
I'm just hoping that my butt heals enough by tomorrow morning that I can somehow sit through two hours of class without having to stand awkwardly in the corner like a weirdo. Umm, back to Christmas. It was awesome. There were many, many cookies. Fun cousins came over with soups on Christmas Eve, and then we ignored all tradition and opened our presents that night. Protesters (Christmas morning traditionalists) were ignored.
Chocolate was consumed in massive doses, and then there was more video-game playing. I got my own stocking! It was very cute and they put it up on the wall right next to Brian's. I was all choked up about it. Like I said, they are the most awesome family. I got instant mashed potatoes, which is now one of my favorite presents ever, because people who know me know how I feel about potato and potato products.
The trip back to Ashland was a bit more difficult, because I couldn't do my share of the driving, which I felt pretty badly about. We only stayed in Heppner for a week because I was afraid the cats would die of starvation if we stayed longer, but when we came home, the food bowl was barely 1/3 empty! If I would've known that, we would've stayed in Heppner at least another week. Anyway, classes start tomorrow. Hopefully, my broken butt will not embarrass me too much in class. My butt should take lessons from Tom Selleck's mustache, and learn how to be an asset, not a liability. (Get it? "Asset"? I'm hilarious.) I am insanely jealous that Brian has all of his classes online, and doesn't need to leave the house for any reason except for church and the gym for the next three months.
In other news, being pregnant is covered by my school's health insurance. Oh, and for those who haven't already heard, I'm pregnant. So I'll be going to see the school doctor sometime next week. Brian's hoping for some sort of mutation that will ultimately lead the baby to a life of crime-fighting superhero-ness. I am legally obligated to agree with him, or else he will divorce me. I don't really forsee anything interesting happening in the next half a year or so, but I'll try to keep this thing updated at least once a month anyway. Because I know you're all just hanging on my every word, right? Right. We'll go with that.
Happy 2011!
.
Of course he would hope for some kind of mutant baby... the mighty baby gravy defeated science! ;)
ReplyDeleteI wish Blogspot would let us "Like" comments.
ReplyDelete