Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It's That Time Of Year

Usually, around the end of the year, I find myself looking back on the year.  Recently, I've found myself looking back on my entire life and obsessing over all the mistakes that I made, and every little detail that I would do differently if I could go back to elementary school (knowing what I know now, of course) and do it all over again.  I do miss how much easier homework was back then.

Unfortunately, of all the different ways that I would re-do my life, I can't think of a single one that would lead me back onto the same path that I'm on now, where I am happily married to the love of my life.  Even if I managed to be in the exact same place at the exact same time that I met him, there's no guarantee that I would be the same person that he would want to be with.  So, I wouldn't change a thing.

Now, my goal is to stop whining and regretting; to learn to let go of past mistakes, and to forgive myself for making them.  Hopefully by this time next year, I'll be happily obsessing about the future instead of miserably obsessing about the past.



.

3 comments:

  1. It is my firm belief that everything happens for a reason. Life is a complicated web of things that happen which have a profound impact on the rest of your life. If I hadn't been such a finicky putz who didn't know what she wanted to do with her future, I might not have ever met Norwood. It came as a result of me first deciding to go to art school, then changing my major a bunch of times so that I could end up in that figure painting class the semester I had it, which is where I met Norwood.
    You are right where you are supposed to be :)

    ReplyDelete