I love Costco. I love Costco THIS much. However, with just the two mouths to feed here, Costco can be challenging. I got a package of 40 tortillas, and I have two weeks to eat them all. Here are some of the interesting tortilla applications that I've learned of in recent months:
1) Dinner burritos! Refried beans, shredded lettuce, cheese, chili, taco beef. Sour cream, guac.
2) BREAKFAST BURRITOS! Scrambled eggs, guacamole, salsa, sour cream, chipotle Tabasco, and cut-up breakfast sausage patties. Obviously, you can still eat this when it isn't strictly breakfast-time.
3) Lunch burritos! Cream cheese spread, deli ham or turkey!
4) Teriyaki Chicken Burritos! Shredded teriyaki chicken, rice, and a little extra sauce!
5) Salad wraps! Your favorite salad, on the go!
6) Pizza burritos! Spaghetti sauce, LOTS of shredded cheese, pepperoni, bake at 250 for 10-15 minutes!
7) Noodle burritos! Spaghetti noodles with teriyaki sauce or spaghetti sauce or really, any kind of sauce you like on spaghetti noodles. Meat optional, I like shredded chicken.
8) Taco Taquito Burritos! Shredded beef seasoned with BBQ sauce or salsa, with lettuce.
9) Haystacks! Tortilla on bottom, rice on top of the tortilla. Shredded chicken with cream of chicken on it, on the rice. Optional toppings include, but are not limited to, sliced almonds or other nuts, lettuce, and anything else that you think might taste good with this stuff.
Aaaaand that's all the ways to use a tortilla that I can think of. Questions? Comments? Recipe contributions?
.
love all these ideas and we use tortillas when making enchiladas and I have an easy recipe for a tortilla casserole.And you can freeze tortillas for several weeks--in case you don't want to eat them every day!:)
ReplyDeleteIf they are flour tortillas, we love to cut them in pieces, like a pie, and fry them to make chips. Just don't let them cook very long-- You can them use them for dips, nachos, whatever! And tortillas will last for at least a month in the frig if they are in a good plastic bag.
ReplyDeleteAwesome, thanks! Do you both have blogs, too? And I would love that tortilla casserole recipe =)
ReplyDelete