Thursday, March 8, 2012

Well, I guess winter is over.

Brian wanted me to mention that, when we first moved into the new apartment, he played a veeeeeery funny prank on me. I had never had a removable spray nozzle thing in the kitchen sink before (I have no idea what it's called), but I was just turning on the tap to wash something, and was shocked when the nozzle soaked me with water. Turns out, while I had been upstairs unpacking, Brian had taped the trigger down on the spray thing. Real funny, Brian. Ha ha.

So we tried to get these banana flavored teething biscuits for Hank, since he puts literally EVERYTHING within arm's reach into his mouth. He doesn't even care what it is. His daddy's shoes, paper, plastic, electronics, towels, doesn't matter. Everything goes in Hank's mouth. He tried the banana flavored biscuits ONCE, and apparently the experience was so traumatizing that, several months afterward, he still recognizes them when we take them out of the box and try to pretend they are Pepperidge Farm Milano cookies. They (the banana biscuits) are the only thing in the world that he will not put in his mouth. Too smart for us and our tricks, that boy.

Brian was gone for a whole week for Nationals. He got fourth place and is now an All-American! Woohoo! It snowed a lot while he was gone, and then my friend Claire came to visit for a day and a half, which was fun. It gets easier and easier to take care of the baby by myself for longer periods of time now that I'm more experienced as a mom. It used to scare me so much to be alone taking care of Hank for even just a weekend, because I would feel so overwhelmed by all the things I didn't know how to do.

Now that I know how to do them pretty well, I am so much less stressed when Brian has to leave for a whole week. It helps that Hank is such a good-natured, easygoing baby, and that I have so many people that I can call for help if anything actually happened.

I'm glad Brian got home when he did, because I got very sick the day he got back. Before then, however, I did have the opportunity to stock the kitchen with lots of yummy treats for him! Five days after he got home from wrestling at 165 lbs, he has already gained almost 20 pounds! Haha at least he looks healthy now and not emaciated.

In other news, Hank has learned how to scream in a very loud, high-pitched way that is brand new and super fun. Have a great weekend, everyone!

P.S. 15 days left until the Hunger Games movie! Who wants to watch it with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment