So, we took Hank for his 2-month checkup today, and wow, has he grown!! 100th percentile for height (25.5 inches) and weight (15 lbs 4 oz!!!), 75th percentile for head circumference (30cm). Hank also got a bunch of his vaccinations today, poor boy. He was very unhappy being stuck with needles, but he seemed to calm down on the ride home. He slept for a few hours, and then woke up inconsolably crying! It was weird, because he's never cried before. I mean, he yells at us and makes sad faces and noises sometimes, but this was the first time that he'd cried real tears. The doctor said it was because the vaccination spots on his legs hurt a lot, and they were quite swollen and red. So we cuddled him for a while, and then he ate and fell asleep for a few hours. When he woke up earlier tonight, the swelling and redness was significantly lessened, and baby boy was happier! And then he promptly fell back asleep. We have such a good baby.
All three of us are currently sick. We think that Hank caught something from people holding him at church, and he brought it home and got Brian sick, and then I caught it from being around the two sickies. Two weeks later, Brian is mostly over his cold now, and Hank's mostly over his cold, as well. I just started getting sick a few days ago, and hopefully it gets better from here, and not worse. I'm taking care of myself, but it's hard to heal when I catch sleep in half-hour naps throughout the day, and two sick boys to take care of. I've probably been neglecting my classes and homework a bit, but I don't really care, because all I need are passing grades, really. Hank's not going to fire me as his mommy because I didn't get a 4.0 in my last year of college, right?
Finally got him a swing, as several people had recommended. Best idea ever!! He LOVES the thing. And it's really freed up big chunks of my schedule, too. Had a fun visit from Claire last weekend! She brought me In 'N Out =) Sorry that she caught us in the middle of being sick and tired, but I had a great time hanging out with her! Aaand I can't wait for the holidays!
No comments:
Post a Comment